Job: New Accounts Rep - Pecan Branch
Assist customers with a wide variety of services and advise as to how best utilize company products and services in order to meet personal financial goals and provide the highest quality of customer service.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- 40% Open various new accounts, process necessary information and educate the customers as to services / products available as a result. (For example, Visa check card, online banking, automated teller, etc.)
- 15% Assist with wide variety of customer services including open / close Shared Certificates, maintain Safe Deposit Boxes, assist customers with checkbooks, process credit card applications for customer, manages outgoing wire, solve fraud issues, notary, close accounts, etc.
- 15% Explain and expedite the opening, closing, transfer and rollover of IRA certificates.
- 15% Assist customers with opening CD's and educate customers as to penalties, earnings, etc.
- 5% Set up auto transfers and sign up customers for ACH transfers and wires.
- 5% Provide backup to tellers upon request.
- - Use every customer contact as an opportunity to advise customer about additional services or programs that might benefit them.
- - Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Knowledge and Skills
Six months to two years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions.
Education / Certifications / Licenses:
A high school degree or GED is required.
I significant level of trust and diplomacy is required to be an effective subject matter expert in the position. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors of a sensitive and / or highly confidential nature is a normal part of the day-to-day experience. Communications can involve motivating, influencing, educating and / or advising others on matters of significance.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work environment with moderate noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements:
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
The First National Bank of Granbury is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HR and Website Compliance with Human Resources Laws and Regulations
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.